Using refilled ink cartridges is a great way to save money. However, Lexmark printers often will not recognize the refilled ink cartridge as containing a complete supply of fresh ink. It is possible to reset a Lexmark printer's ink level gauge and successfully use refilled cartridges instead of fresh cartridges. Resetting Lexmark printer ink gauge levels is a quick and easy process that will guarantee less expensive printing practices.
Use The Printer Solution Center Option
- Open the "Printer Solution Center" program on the computer associated with the Lexmark printer.
- Select the "Maintenance" tab in the "Printer Solution Center."
- Select the "Install a new printer cartridge" option.
- Click the "Next" buttons until the "Print the Alignment page" window appears onscreen.
- Select the "Print" button. If the Lexmark printer still doesn't read the refilled cartridges as having sufficient ink, repeat the process.
Resetting the Cartridge Option
- Remove the black and color cartridges, refilled or new, from the printer.
- Turn the printer off using the power button. Leave the printer off for about 20 seconds to allow it to power down completely.
- Turn the printer on using the power button. The printer will go through the normal start-up process and will determine that no cartridges are installed.
- Repeat Steps 3 and 4 five times. This process will allow the Lexmark printer to remove the usual five most recent ink cartridges from its memory and list of current ink cartridges and, as a result, accept the newly refilled ink cartridge.